Here is a recipe for some double chocolate muffins that are ketogenic, gluten free, dairy free, and school friendly. The fun part of baking and cooking is finding a recipe you like and changing it to match your own preferences. One alteration I would suggest is instead of chocolate chips, use dried cranberries.
All of my kids liked the muffins and were happily devouring them. Rebecca made the mistake of telling Noah that it was healthy, at which point he looked suspiciously at his half eaten muffin and decided that it was yucky. Such a Noah thing to do.
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, cooked, mashed
- 4 bananas, ripe
- 1/2 cup wow butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ C cocoa powder
- 1 cup unsweetened chocolate chips or dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl, mash until well mixed, the cooked, cooled sweet potato and ripe banana,
- Add the wow butter, eggs, and vanilla; mix until well combined.
- Mix in cocoa.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Grease muffin pan, and spoon in batter. (Using muffin wrappers instead will make clean up easier)
- Place in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
Makes 1 doz muffins